Monday, April 07, 2008

Setbacks and Breakdowns

The master has had some setbacks in healing, but he had a doctor's appointment today that has hopefully rectified the problem. Within a week he should be able to put on the "shrinker" as they call it in the prosthetic world. Something like an industrial strength pantyhose. He still is experiencing a lot of pain and the meds do not seem to help much. Plus, he doesn't like taking them.
Some of you have asked how I am holding up. Not good. I wish I could say otherwise, but honestly, I've never worked harder or put in longer days in my life. Including the two semesters in college when I held two work/study jobs, took 17 hours, and worked the night shift at a motel.
I think I've found my limit. I've wondered how much I could pull off. Well, I've arrived. Officially pulled into the Too Much station. Running a home, a daycare, and a vending machine business is TOO MUCH. Please pray that the master heals quickly from this point on. This is so horribly selfish, but I need him back on his foot. :0)

5 comments:

Tami said...

Hang in there hon! We're praying for you.

CDJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CDJ said...

(I had a typo and couldn't handle it)
I'm praying for you! The great news about "end of the rope" is that's where God loves to show out :) If things don't improve quickly, I can send Landen for a week...swap him for a couple of them thar needier ones. I love you and feel moderately unhelpful. Call me if you need me. I really am praying....right this second.

6blessings said...

I've wondered about you a lot. That is a ton on your plate. I agree with the above post... when there is too much, that is where God shows His strength the most. I also will be praying for you. Remember, everything goes in seasons. I hope this one gets easier for you soon.

Suz said...

Hey Jess, We've been praying for y'all! Every time we go to that Lowes right down from where y'all used to live, we think of you! We've been about 6 times in the last two weeks, so I've been remembering you alot!