Thursday, June 12, 2008

PLEASE HELP!

O.K., as you can see, I'm trying to get a new blog skin. As in the past, I've begged for help. I've offered to pay, to no avail. I got a great lead on a group that was offering blog templates for donations to orphans in Taiwan and China, but just as I e-mailed them, they closed up shop. AGGHH!!!
So now, I'm trying a new approach. Trying to go it alone. The old saying is, "if you want something done right, do it yourself." But I just want something done, period. I'm not a digital scrapbooker, but I ordered a "By the Sea" e-kit from scrapbook.com, with the graphics I want to use, but I don't know how to layer them. I can only get one at a time up on the blog (seen above the torn paper graphic). Am I missing some software? Or is there a standard program on my computer where I can move, arrange, and drop my graphics, until I get the look I want? If I can possibly avoid HTML, I need to, but if that is the only way to get this done, can someone please direct me to a website that can teach me? I need HTML for dummies.
This is me..on my knees, ready to kiss your little bloggy feet.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

You can avoid HTML if you use the new blogger template features. But you have to create your header image (and any other images you want to upload) outside of Blogger. You need a graphics program like Photoshop (preferably) or Paint Shop Pro (not as good, but it's what I use).

Maggie said...

p.s. I'm not nearly as good as some real blog designers out there. I basically have to ride on the coattails of more talented people because I don't know how to write HTML from scratch. But if you'd like me to work on the template for you, I'd be happy to. My email is theopenwindow (at) charter (dot) net.

Megan said...

Hi Jessica, this is megan. I used to go to Port Caddo a few years ago whenever you and your husband were there. My parents are Rhonda and Bill. I remember when Kingrey was a baby.... i've been helping out with VBS this week and have gotten to see him everday. I must say he is very well behaved and seems like such a sweet kid! We had a little chat tonight for a few minutes while we enjoyed some snacks at the VBS Program. Just wanted to let you know your son is such a little gentlemen... :)

Have a great day!

Megan said...

you are SO not old! haha! Hope Peter Pan is great tonight!