Thursday, February 08, 2007

New Scam

Let me warn you about the newest scam...or at least the most recent one to jump up and bite MY butt. You order some cute things from Lillian Vernon for your daughters' bedroom for Christmas and when it is time to check out, they ask you if you want to become a member of their travel NEWSLETTER. It means $10.00 off your purchase. There is some fine print about "by checking this box, you are allowing us to share your information" yada, yada, yada. Of course, you never dream that they are talking about your DEBIT CARD information and not your E-MAIL address. You just delete the travel newsletter that pops up in your inbox every two weeks without opening it and go on with your life. Long story short, some stupid "Reservation Rewards Program" scam has been taking $10.00 out of my account every month since December, and I just figured it out. GRRRR! O.K. I know that is only three months, but have I mentioned I'm a penny pincher? I could buy a whole sack of clothes at Goodwill for $30.00 bucks. Buy groceries for a week. Put gas in my van for....wait a second, bad example...
Any way--just say, "NO!" to $10.00 off your next purchase.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Please tell me you rained down some hell-fire on them for that one. Lillian Vernon should give you a gift certificate to make it up...otherwise you can tell her that you and all your friends who just adore personalized little what-have-yous will no longer be ordering at all, and she will lose much more than you have!

Chaos and Grace said...

Thanks for the warning, sister. I'll be ware!