Monday, September 17, 2007

Women 101

In yesterday's mad rush to make it to Sunday school on time, I assigned my oldest son, K, the task of finding socks for Randy. He found the socks in short order, cornered his brother in the bathroom, and made a valiant attempt to put them on his feet. Abby and I were in the bathroom primping at the time and we watched the wrestling match unfold.
K: If you would just be...still....wait a sec' would ya?...no, come back...give me back that sock....RANDY!!
Abby:interject long suffering sigh Would you like my assistance?

(And yes, my kids really do talk that way)

K:sounding doubtful Sure, if you think you can do any better.
Abby: plopping down and shodding Randy in all of two seconds There, that does it!
K: in astonishment How did you.....
Me: not wanting him to feel bad Well, Abby gets lots of practice dressing her baby dolls
Abby: as the angel of encouragement Don't worry Bubba, your wife will help you get your babies dressed. I don't think she will mind as long as you take out the diapers and help feed them, and you're real good at those things. As if to say that otherwise his inability to put socks on a toddler might seriously hamper his matrimony prospects.
K:thinking it over carefully You're probably right. Anyway, when it comes to having a wife, I'm still working on the basics....like remembering to put the toilette seat down.

Hey, even Don Juan had to start somewhere.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Working on the basics... I love it.

Tami said...

THAT is FUNNY! I actually laughed out loud and spurt water all over my keyboard!

6blessings said...

So true...so true...

BTW, my husband has always used big words to talk to my kids and so they talk like that too.

i.e. injured instead of hurt, vehicle instead of car, what's your status instead of what'ya doin, etc.

I'm suspecting that might be your case too.