Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Perfect Day

I get kissed by the sun each morning,
put my feet on a hardwood floor,
I get to hear my children laughing,
down the hall through my bedroom door.
I have been blessed...

That's my song for today. Except to precisely reflect my life, we would somehow have to exchange the 'children laughing' with 'groaning for coffee milk.' But, for all intense purposes, it fits. We had a big pancake breakfast this morning, dressed and went out to the YMCA for K's first baseball game of the year. It was sunny with a warm breeze blowing up from the gulf. Afterwards, we took them to a McDonald's with an outdoor playplace, and then drove over to Nana's house. The kids played outside on the trampoline and the four wheeler. They blew bubbles, colored with chalk, climbed trees, and I don't know what all. I stayed in the house and made darling sundresses for the girls using my mom's "sew-here-dummy" wonder machine.
Papa had come for a visit several weeks ago, and as always had read the kids at least a dozen story books. One of them was Stone Soup. Somehow, they managed to extract a promise from him to make stone soup with them "one day". One day came today (I told you, the are really speeding up their turn-around time on those promises). Their version of stone soup had a decidedly Tex-Mex flair (think Taco Soup) and went nicely with the ENORMOUS Mexican meal my mom served us all. I know that will be a special memory for them forever..."You remember the time Papa made stone soup with us, just like in the story?"
After dinner, we drove in to town and visited a friend of the family that has been ill for several years. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I hadn't yet taken the baby to see her. We had a nice visit. The kids all behaved themselves and remembered their manners. Back at mom's we indulged in a desert of turtle pie. It was sinful. We came home and put some very, very, sleepy children to bed. The master is drawing up plans for our dream home and I am blogging. Yep, it's been a perfect day

4 comments:

Deb said...

That does sound like a perfect day. Glad you could relax with family.

CDJ said...

Sounds wonderful!
We miss all you guys...

Suz said...

What a wonderful day you had - are you making that up???? LOL

Tami said...

Sounds like an absolute perfect day! I just found your blog and have to admit you have had me giggling most of the morning! I hope you don't mind me following along.