Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Over and Out

This will be my final post on this blog, except to give you my new address. *Sniff, sniff* We are moving. As this chapter of our lives comes to a close and we relocate, I think it appropriate to "relocate" in blogland.
I referenced this before, but right after the master's amputation, he felt conviction to return to the pastorate. Maybe he feared God would take the other leg? One was enough. He sent out four resumes, and after a LOOOONG process, he was called on Sunday to a congregation in East Texas. On Sunday morning, when we were explaining to the children what to expect from the day, I told Abby that Daddy would preach and the church would vote to make them their pastor or not.
"So, they will listen to Daddy and then make a decision?"
"Yep"
"I hope they are not too picky."
But despite Abby's lack of confidence, the church voted (93 for, 2 against) to call him.
The master is on cloud nine. He would be if the church was in Zimbabwe, but added to his bliss of being in the pulpit, is a return to his home turf--his best friend since childhood and his family. The transition will be made easier for the older children, as we will be close to our old home town, and they already have special friends there. I have a few friends I will enjoy being closer to, as well. I'm sad to be moving further away from my parents, but three hours is much better than Zimbabwe, huh, Mom? I think we are going to a good church, and a good fit for our family.
I have SO much to get done. I started packing last week. A little presumptuous, perhaps, but I'm glad I did. It's still a massive task, even a week into it. I have no self control when it comes to blogging, so I'm going to have to go cold turkey for the next two weeks. I'm going to miss all of you!!! Be good, and I'll see you two (maybe three) weeks!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations on the relocation and your newest little one! I'll be praying for you and your family because moving can be so difficult. I've enjoyed catching up with your family through your blog.

Deb said...

Congratz on the new church. I know you will all do great. You're kids seem so flexible I'm sure they'll adjust quickly.

Hoping the packing goes well.

Suz said...

Can't wait to hear more about your new adventure!

So, you are going to make a new blog????

Tami said...

I was so self-absorbed this last week that I just found this post! Congrats on the new church! When He calls you have to follow...we are certainly learning that lesson! Good luck with the move. We're still in boxes, but are starting to find our way out of the moving fog. Can't wait to hear how the move goes and see new pics of Cara! She's such a cutie! :)

junglemama said...

Hope your move is easy with the new baby and all. Congrats on your hubby's new calling.