Saturday, November 25, 2006

Update

I'm back. Here is what has been going on in my life aside from love slaving.
1. Puppies are growing! The runt with the torn umbilical cord has made a full recovery. They have their eyes open now and are scooting all over the whelping kennel. We are a little worried about Sally, though, she is still spotting. Are dogs supposed to do that this long after puppy birth?
2. Randy is taking some solids. He'd been turning up his nose at rice cereal for two weeks. You are supposed to start with rice cereal. I think it is written in the Great Book Of Mommyhood. "Thou shalt offer no other foods before rice cereal." And just under it, "Thou shalt not introduce fruit before veggies." I broke both laws and bought him some oatmeal with apples. I hope this is not the beginning of a lifetime of poor nutrition. He was pleased, anyway.
3. I have lost 15.8 pounds!! Weighed in today at just 2 pounds over my healthy weight range limit. It will probably take until next week for Thanksgiving to catch up with me, so if I am VERY good all week, maybe I can make up for it. I would love to hit my 10% mark on Saturday. That is ten percent of total body weight, not 10% toward goal. I'm a little over six pounds from goal. But I'll tell you sisters, that there is more than six pounds of flab still left on this old body, and just what am I going to do with that? I'm not really a serious exercise enthusiast and a tummy tuck is not an option because...
4. We are broke. We are so broke. Our van is broke. Second break down in two weeks. First break down cost us $700.00. The Lord only knows where the money is going to come from for this job. We are praying, praying, praying and claiming His promises. Because we are broke. Really, really broke.
5. Just got my 20 pound turkey out of the oven. Yes, it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I'm just now cooking turkey, but we ate at my sister's, and someone had given us this ENORMOUS turkey. A local grocery was giving them away to shoppers who spent $100 or more on a certain day. So a step-father-in-law of one of our neighbors got this turkey, and I guess somehow he knew that DH was a pastor, so he knocks on our door and asks if our church is giving away Thanksgiving baskets. We were. And to be honest, from the look of this guy, I thought he must be knocking to ask if he could get one. Nope. He hefts this bird at hubby. Well actually, the baskets are just for non-perishable items. "Well, you can have it then. We don't want it." And with that he was gone, leaving his gobbler behind. So we will be having turkey and stuffing tomorrow, turkey pot pie on Monday, turkey enchiladas on Tuesday, turkey gumbo on Wednesday...I'm sure this must be part of God's provision. Now taking any and all turkey recipes.

2 comments:

Chaos and Grace said...

Well, Happy Turkey Day to you then! Sounds like you guys have been busy this holiday season. You are doing great on your Weight Watchers. Charles and I have started a running joke about being bloated...every single day all day long...because it can't possibly be that we are gaining this much weight:) We need to health up the diet for sure.
Always good to read your posts:) I'll be checking back for more:)

CDJ said...

You REALLY do look great! I can totally tell you've been hard at work. Good for you. Our family is perhaps balancing yours, because I just realized we haven't had turkey YET! PJ's Mom is a ham girl....and you KNOW I'm not basting a bird!