Saturday, December 02, 2006

Of Course, I Now Know

Of course, I now know I was suffering from pre-menstrual syndrome.
Dolly Parton as Truvy
Steel Magnolias
Yes friends, tis true. The reason behind Tuesday's day from hell became crystal clear to me on Friday. But even PMS could not touch Thursday. We were so blessed! I sat down on Thursday evening to blog all about it, but the electricity went out just as I was wrapping up my beautifully worded, detailed epistle of praise and thanksgiving. I'm not even going to try and recapture the moment. Here is a brief synopsis, bullet style.
  • The ladies of the church had gotten together and asked to keep my kids for me on Thursday so that I could have a day to shop. I was too ashamed to tell them that I did not have any money to shop, so secretly was planning to clean the house instead. Early Thursday morning, another lady in the church brings by a card from several anonymous folks who wanted me to have this before I went shopping. Inside the envelope was $600. I was crying. My kids were going to have Christmas presents.
  • That afternoon I got a call from educate, inc. I had applied weeks ago to become an online teacher for Sylvan and Catapult. Was I available for a telephone interview? Of course! I must have answered all her questions satisfactorily...I start in February. Paid training to start in January. I will be teaching "school" to small groups for at least 10 hours a week and eventually as much as 29 hours a week for $10.00 an hour. It's the perfect job for me! I can teach in the evenings and in my pajamas and still be bringing in $$$$. WooHoo!
  • Two more folks dropped by with their Christmas cards and both had money inside. One with a $160 and another with $40.

When the Lord provides he PROVIDES! Can I get an Amen?

We took the kids out of school yesterday afternoon and picked out a tree. The farm we visited had a combine that looked just like 'Frank' from Disney's Cars. My kids enjoyed that more than the trees. But as you can see in the photo, Rina did not get it. For family night, we decorated the tree and made the first cookies of Christmas. Maybe for me the first and last for this year. I did not hit my 10% mark at WW meeting today, but considering the water retention I got going on here, it is not surprising.

2 comments:

Chaos and Grace said...

Jehovah-Jireh – God our provider!!! Amen!
God is Good
all the time...all the time...God is Good!!!

Deb said...

What a blessing this time of year. So glad your week improved.