Monday, December 11, 2006

Please Pray

I'm not sure any one reads this blog; I don't get many comments of late. But, if you are reading this and you are a person of prayer, please pray for Randy. I took him into the pediatrician for his much belated 6 month appointment (he is seven months old) and discovered that he had not gained weight or inches since his 4 month visit. Just in the past few days I had been commenting to the master that I didn't think he was growing much. He was still fitting into his 3-6 months clothes, size 2 diapers, etc. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it was kind of pleasing to me. My last baby-baby was staying small for a little while longer. Of course when our Asian pediatrician said, "Ah-so you know you baby not grow? Ah-so his head measure no grow eder?" my nostalgia train came to a screeching halt. We had a bunch of tests run on Friday and are still waiting to hear back. I know what you are thinking:

Nursing+ My Weight Loss=Baby's Weight Loss

At this point, I am hoping that is the case. Though I will feel REALLY GUILTY, it is still something that is easily remedied. I've always heard and read that if you do not get enough calories when you are nursing your milk will dry up. I still had plenty of milk, so just assumed he was getting what he needed. It never occurred to me that the quality of the milk and not the quantity might have been affected. We have been stuffing the kid constantly with food since Friday, so if it is a caloric intake problem, he will soon begin to fatten up. And I have stopped counting points. I don't want to let all my hard work go, but I'm also not emotionally ready to stop nursing. He is my last little one to nurse.

No comments: