Monday, December 18, 2006

That Was Then, This Is Now



I loved Suz post that she did about D, so I'm stealing her idea. Also, even after five kiddos, I'm still completely blown away with how God gives us these little wriggling scraps of life that somehow, amazingly turn in to people. At 8:11 tomorrow morning, my baby girl will be six years old.
Then: I had walked--waddled, really--across the stage on Saturday. I was officially a college graduate. She was born on that Tuesday. "Tuesday's child is full of grace." My sister and I dressed her up in about a million dresses--just like we used to do with our baby dolls. The master and I wondered at our blessing. Two healthy children. We had to figure out the baby car seat all over again and brought her home in the red stocking the Hospital Guild had hung on her bassinet.
Now: She presently is on her birthday date with Daddy at Applebees. Afterwards, he is taking her to the Bath Junkie store where she can have Aunt Jenny's "empty bottle present" filled with something "girly and pink." The final stop of the evening is ballet class. Tonight she will not fall asleep in a Christmas stocking, but her new sleeping bag that barely holds her.
Beautiful then and now.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like a great birthday date. She's a cutie; then and know.

6blessings said...

Happy Birthday. My "baby" turned 12 on Sunday. Only one more year until teenagerhood! Ugh! They grow up so fast!

She is a cutie!!! What a blessing!