Thursday, January 11, 2007

Past Due Birthday Post


I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I wanted to get a birthday post in for my oldest, K. Unlike the others, I do not post his full name because it is a security sensitive family name. Tonight makes a full week since we celebrated his eighth birthday. Yikes! I'm getting old.
He loves the movie "Herbie, Fully Loaded" and this photo depicts my dead level best attempt to create a cake that resembles a Volkswagen bug. In true K fashion, he showered me with praise and affirmation for my work, "Mom, you did such a great job!...Mom, I love it!...It looks just like Herbie..." I felt like it was my birthday. And that typifies parenting this kid. He is and has always been happy, easy going, caring and sensitive. I don't remember him ever crying as a baby. If we told him "no" once, it was enough. God knew when he was knitting him together that we did not have a clue what we were doing and He gave us K. Started us out easy--like training wheels on a bike.
I love him bunches.
You were our first miracle. You were the genesis of a marriage, the fulfillment of love, the promise of our infinity...You were the beginning.
Erma Bombeck

4 comments:

Suz said...

Happy Birthday K! Yes, you did great on the cake Mom!

Wow, K and D have matching smiles - over 2 years age difference too???

I guess they lose them when they lose them, eh?

Chaos and Grace said...

You are an awesome mom, J. Happy 8th anniversarry of being a terrific mommy!

Deb said...

That is a great cake. You did a super job!
Happy Birthday K!

6blessings said...

Happy Birthday K!!

Jessy, you did a terrific job!! That cake is incredible!! Sounds like your first is incredible as well. That's wonderful.