Saturday, January 27, 2007

Swimming

I am swimming in a deluge of information from my new job. MUST COME UP FOR AIR! This is starting to feel like a real job--a serious one. I don't know who they think they are dealing with here, but I am not accustomed to using my brain much more than "colored or whites next?" and "mac and cheese or peanut butter and jelly?" and of course that most taxing problem of adding up Randy's diapers for the day. Now, I am having to learn a whole new language:

"Your IP will contact you regarding the TTB whose responsibility it is to notify you of the scheduled progress of your BBR's on the second Thursday of every month except during weeks with national holidays, in which case....."

The e-mails and attachments are all interlaced with computer terms and instructions for downloading and uploading and installing my new do-hickies. Um, I can't even get a title on my blog. Oh well, one of my mottos for life is "Fake it till you make it." And maybe, one day, past all this techno mumbo jumbo, they will usher me in to my cyber classroom and their will be a virtual child and I will virtually teach.

And I CAN TEACH.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fake it 'til you make it, eh? Mine was "What God has forgotten let us replace with cotton" for the longest time.

Deb said...

You'll get there. It's very intimidating so take it one step at a time. You can teach - You can learn. 9 years ago I knew nothing about computers now my whole office things I'm a genius (I fake it pretty well).

6blessings said...

I like that phrase. Good luck learning the ropes. I admire you. I don't think I could do it.

Suz said...

Yay, you got your title up there!

Hope you're doing better on the learning the new job thing! Hang in there, you'll get it!