Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"Promises" Kept

K and Abby have spring break this week. They have been making big plans since just after Christmas. Abby wanted a tea party. When she was four, I made the mistake of hosting a tea party for her and two of her friends. Ever since, I've had continuous requests for another. Promises of "someday" could only hold her for so long. "Someday" came today. Our tea time guests just departed. I got some really cute pics, but don't know how the other mommies would feel about their little girls photos being posted on the web, so you will just have to take my word for it; they were darling in tutus, tiaras, cupcake crumbs, and fairy wands. K has been wanting a tent camping experience for quite some time. We are reading Swiss Family Robinson, which sparked his interest for wilderness survival. He has added My Side of The Mountain and Hatchet to his library. I'm not sure how two nights in a Coleman at a state park are going to measure up to his imagination, but we'll give it a try. We'll be gone for the next three days. We have tent camped once before, when he was three, Abby was 18 months, and I was seven months pregnant. It was in the mountains of Colorado--when they were on fire. Not one of my fondest memories, to say the least.
My kids are starting to get really good at pinning down particulars for "someday" promises. I'm going to have come up with a new game plan, my stall tactic is no longer working....

5 comments:

6blessings said...

Hope you have a great camping trip. The pictures of Marina are amazing!! She has really progressed. Wow!! She is a doll!

Glad you got the babysitting gig taken care of without a problem. The tea party sounds fun! I'm sure it will be a memory that will last in her mind forever.

6blessings said...

Where are you in Texas? We were in Grapevine this past weekend. H is going to Arlington this weekend on a Spring Break Mission Trip. I don't know exactly where you're from. You can email me at dcagle@pldi.net. I'd love to get our gangs together sometime.

6blessings said...

Okay, now all three comments are from me. Anyway, last night I was lying in bed and I remembered the general area that you were from in Texas. Too bad that I didn't have multiple extra hours to "swing by". :-) Maybe we could plan a meeting place and meet up this summer sometime.

Deb said...

Oh I wish we could see the pictures but I can imagine how cute they all looked.
I hope your camping trip went well.

Suz said...

Oh I can't wait to hear about the camping experience!

Also, you're braver than I - I haven't attempted the several friends tea-party before. We did have a play date with one other child today and that was plenty LOL.

I LOVED the book My Side of the Mountain when I was younger!