Monday, October 15, 2007

The Die is Cast

I have a quirk that drives the master crazy. Whenever we are finishing a room, before we put away the supplies, I grab a brush and in some way, completely screw up the next room on our list to tackle. I look at it as a way of guaranteeing that we won't procrastinate. I grew up in a household where every home-improvement project was placed on the Thirteen Year Plan. Except now that my parents have lived in their home for well over twenty years, we may have to rethink that title. I guess the pendulum swung in the opposite direction for me, because I want it done yesterday. For some things, the pocket book demands that we wait, but we can almost always can afford paint, so brush in hand I grab the KILZ and go at it. The master calls it, "painting the doorways."
And he says I don't just do it with home remodel.
Yesterday we announced to the church that we were hoping to start our second adoption. We asked for them to pray. We don't have a homestudy. We haven't filed with INS. We still owe money on Marina's adoption. But I feel that October 14th marks the beginning of the journey to S_____ #6.

No comments: