Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hard to Miss

We took the kids to the first fall festival of the season tonight (pictures forthcoming), and afterwards we went out for Mexican food. Not wanting to take the time for a complete wardrobe change, my kids went in their costumes.
My parents were with us and there was no available seating for a party of our size in the regular dining area, so the hostess asked if we didn't mind a table in the lounge. Don't you know the other patrons were overjoyed to see her seating five small children in the bar? I wasn't exactly thrilled with the arrangement myself, but it was getting late, and I didn't want us to have to wait.
We waited, anyway. Our food was taking forever to come out! My dad made a comment about how two other tables who came in after us had already been served, and then my mom said that she was starving, and I finished up with, "We must have been forgotten back here"
K looked around and said, "We're kids....in capes....in a bar. How could they have forgotten us?"
He has a point.

No comments: