Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Thank You Ronald McDonald

Praise be! The Ronald McDonald House does not block blogger. Now you will be able to get up to the minute updates on Cara. Wish I had figured that out three days ago when I took up residence here. Unfortunately, my words will have to paint a picture, because I'm not able to load pictures.
Cara is doing well. I finally convinced the doctors to use donor breast milk, so she is now sucking down liquid gold every three hours. She is taking five out of her eight feedings in a bottle and they are putting the rest down the tube. I'm really hoping for six out of eight tomorrow....that will put us at 8 of 8 for Friday or Saturday and then 24 hours of making sure that she can maintain that, then the tube comes out, and we come home on Monday? Hoping, hoping, hoping for that. Is my desperation coming across?
I'm ready to get her (and me too) home. I miss the master and my babies, and want to get them all under one roof.

5 comments:

CDJ said...

I'm thinking of you ALL the time. Praying for your growing family. Enjoy your day.

CDJ said...

hello??? I reformatted my blog today and thought I had outsmarted the whole profile/photo thing. Guess NOT! I'm a dork...

Suz said...

I'm so glad you can post more often! That's great!

Wow, let me tell you I was so surprised so now I am dying for more and more news from you!

6blessings said...

Glad you can post and glad she is doing better. It's great that you got the docs to give her breast milk. That should help a lot. I'm still dying for some more info.

Tami said...

Sounds like she's doing great. Hang in there. You'll be able to bring your precious girl home soon! :)