Saturday, October 28, 2006

Like Father, Like Son

Sometimes I feel as though I gave birth to my husband. Yesterday, I threw on a T-shirt that has been laying on my dresser for several weeks. It isn't ours; DH borrowed it from my Dad when last we were at their house. He had gotten all sweaty building a deck for them and wanted something clean and dry to wear home. I had washed it, folded it and put it there to return. Well, it just so happened that now it was the only clean shirt available. It is not a new shirt.
I'm in the bathroom finishing my morning routine (deodorant and tooth brushing) when DH comes in. "Baby you are so beautiful. Where did you get that shirt? Is that the one I wore home from your parents'? You look great it in it." So I'm wondering what has got into him? It's not even the fourth night. Whatever.
Fast forward two hours. K looks up from his yogurt and graham crackers. "Wow Mom, you look so pretty today! With that shirt and your hair all pulled back," (that would be my pony tail), "you look really nice!" Weird. Those two scare me sometimes.
My sister and I used to keep a running update on what we wanted be dressed in for our funerals. We didn't discuss it overly much, just liked to get our mother riled up on occasion, and funeral talk always did the trick. So Jen, if I go in the near future, no fancy dress for me. Just lay me out in Daddy's Gander Mountain Shirt, if you please. Apparently, I'm quite stunning in it.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's the Gander Mountain part that does it for guys..it is such a mystical magical toy box of a place! Or maybe it doesn't matter what you wear because you are looking great after losing that weight (sounds like a WW promo, I know)

Deb said...

I just recently found your blog.
That is such a sweet story and your kids are all adorable.

Deb said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really appreciated it. You're absolutely right in what you said. Thank you so much for making the comment and educating me.

6blessings said...

Where can I get one of those shirts? :-)