Thursday, May 24, 2007

Some righteous folks...

Some righteous folks done been prayin'! Cause much hath surely been availethed. And they did find two gallons of fluid...or thereabouts. I am so happy to report that Ian can hear! I mean, he can't hear, but he can hear. And he will hear in a matter of days. Apparently the effectiveness of the first set of tubes was short lived (but long enough to account for Ian's sudden acquisition of the faculty of speech). He has been compensating for a long time--at least many months. Here is my self-nomination for BAD MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD: his middle ear is actually sucked in from the prolonged pressure. That should just about make me a shoe in. We didn't know because he never complained of ear ache, or showed any symptoms of infection. But why in heavens name the PEDIATRICIAN hasn't noticed it is beyond me. I did take him to the doctor, honest I did.
Long story short: he is going to have a second set of tubes put in next week and also have his adenoids removed (which hopefully will prevent the need for a third set of tubes.) Thank you all for your prayers.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Amen! What an answer to prayer! What wonderful news! And don't worry about getting nominated for the WMOTY award - you read my blog, you know I'm right in there with you! ;)