Thursday, May 24, 2007

What Not to Wear

I've posted on the joy of boys; it is time to give the ladies their due. With girls, you always have a sista' to offer wardrobe advice. And you don't have to wait years for that privilege because I believe they must come pre-programmed.
Yesterday, I was getting dressed in my white capris and a multicolored top. The top was dark, but it did have a few glimpses of white. I had just thought to myself, "Hmm....I wonder if this looks all right?" When Marina strolled in.

Rina: "Mommy, what you doin'?"
Me: "I'm getting dressed."
Rina: coming close, squinting, and pointing alternately, "Mommy, these two not go together."
Me: "Oh, you don't think so?"
Rina: "Umm..." (read, "How shall I put this, you darling, misguided woman?") then with incredulity at my lack of fashion sense and shaking her head vehemently, "NO!"
Me: "I think you're right, baby. I'll look for another shirt."

Her work done, she walked out, but later as I was buckling her in the carseat she said, "Now, these two....they match!" Thanks, girlfriend.

5 comments:

Tami said...

They do come pre-programmed! Punky has a definite idea about fashion and is not afraid to share it! I often have to stop her from commenting out loud about other people's apparel! We're working on her tact.

Chaos and Grace said...

This is totally unrelated to that hilarious story, but I don't have your e-mail address. Don't you know how to make jam? We are wanting to make some for a treat, but I don't know which recipe to follow off the internet. Any advice?

Chaos and Grace said...

Please visit my new blog at www.callmesupermom.blogspot.com

CDJ said...

I love it! Ardyn walked in yesterday with Ash's size 4 tapered jeans on. I gasped, "Ardyn! Those are your sister's!" She calmly announced that she "truely prefers capri's". I'm probably not gonna make it through the teen years....

6blessings said...

That's hilarious. True fashion sense! I'm just catching up on some blogs. I'm so glad that Ian's hearing problems will soon be fixed and it is nothing permanent. What a scare! Also, congrats to Abby on her award. That's absolutely incredible. She looked so pretty in the picture.