Thursday, May 10, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame




And to think I didn't want boys. I mean I really didn't want boys. I lay on that sonogram table and tried to blink back tears as the tech carefully aimed her cursor directly at the "turtle." I should have been praising Jesus that every single part of the baby was healthy and whole, but such are the thoughts of a shallow, naive, scared-out-of-her-mind nineteen year old. I had little idea what I was going to do with a baby in the first place, and no clue whatsoever for managing a male of the species. I was from a family of all girls, my mother was from a family of two sisters (to this day she still refers to all under clothes as 'panties'), and I had never even considered that I would not also dwell forever in a house of estrogen.


It is funny to think of it now. I have learned that it is so, so true what they always say: Boys are MUCH easier. Can I get an amen? Boys are MUCH, MUCH easier. And every spring they dress up in those cute little outfits, swagger up to the plate, smack the ball, and run the bases. All the while looking over their shoulder until they find me, and catching my eye, burst into a huge grin. They capture my heart all over again.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Amen!

Maggie said...

Amen. I agree.

I can't wait for baseball games and everything else. What fun!

CDJ said...

Wow! what a couple of studs! Who was that one guy's first coach? I can just tell he has skills! WE MISS YOU

6blessings said...

Happy (late) birthday to Randy. Looks like a blast!

The verses in the last post were the ones that I read and thought upon today. Very interesting that I would reread them before going to bed. I guess I needed them too.

Amen! Amen! Amen! Boys are sooooooooooo much easier than girls! I totally agree. They also have a very special way of wrapping their mommy around their fingers.